World Bicycle Day is on Wednesday, 3 June 2020. The Third World Bicycle Day is being commended on this date.
The United Nations commended the principal World Bicycle Day on Sunday, June 3, 2018, at UN General Assembly in New York . The Day is the result of Leszek Sibilski’s campaign and the support of Turkmenistan and 56 other countries for World Bicycle Day.
UN authorities, ambassadors, competitors, backers of the cycling network talked at the debut occasion in New York, sharing the numerous ways bikes serve the individuals who ride them.
Facts of Bicycle Day
- The bicycle is a simple, affordable, reliable, and environment-friendly means of transportation.
- The bicycle can serve as a tool for development and a source of access to education, health care, and sport.
- The usage of a bicycle gives the user an immediate awareness of the local environment.
- The bicycle is a symbol of sustainable transportation and fuel saving.
Importance and Effects of World Bicycle Day
- Encourages the Member States to devote particular attention to policies and programmers to include the bicycle in national and sub-national development.
- Encourages the Member States to improve road safety and integrate it into sustainable cycling mobility to protect pedestrian safety.
- Encourages stakeholders to emphasize the use of the bicycle as a means of strengthening education, including physical education, preventing disease, promoting tolerance, mutual understanding and facilitating social inclusion.
- Encourages the Member States to adopt best practices and means to develop and promote the culture of cycling in society.
Lower risk of heart attack
UK investigate distributed a year ago that cycling or strolling to work can bring down the danger of creating or passing on from cardiovascular ailment (CVD) or stroke. The huge scope study shows who use cycling to travel, has a 11% lower danger of creating cardiovascular malady (CVD) and a 30% lower danger of lethal CVD. Standard cycling in save time has a 43% lower danger of lethal CVD. Indeed, even the individuals who are not customary workers but rather took the bicycle every so often get a 8% lower danger of all-cause mortality.
Reduce Type 2 diabetes
Research of the University of Southern Denmark uncovers that cycling can assist with diminishing the danger of Type 2 diabetes. Specialists found that the individuals who cycled routinely were less inclined to create type 2 diabetes, even the individuals who took up normal cycling at a later age still profited themselves from a 20% lower danger of getting type 2 diabetes than non-cyclists.
Extra weight loss
UK scientists who looked at the day by day methods of transport of about 150,000 members found that cycling was one of the best types of activity for keeping trim and getting more fit. The individuals who cycled to work had lower BMIs and muscle to fat ratio than the individuals who strolled.
Bicycle Day Quotes
“Riding bicycles will not only benefit the individual but the world at large.” Emeritus Professor of Environmental Policy, Berlin,
“No comparison of the simple pleasure of a bike ride.”
John F. Kennedy
“When you are riding hard on a mountain bike, sometimes you fall; otherwise you’re not riding hard.”
Former US president George Bush
“People love cycling but hate cyclists.”
“The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart.”
Iris Murdoch, ‘The Red and the Green’
A bicycle is an industrial revolution in an individual’s life.”
F. K. Day, founder and president, World Bicycle Relief, 2012
“We are not blocking traffic, we are traffic.”
Cycle advocacy slogans