Today I am sharing information about media houses and their association. All the information is taken from various online resources like Wikipedia and newspapers.
- Hindustan Times – Shobhana Bhartia (born 1957) is the Chairperson and Editorial Director of the Hindustan Times Group, one of India’s newspaper and media houses, which she inherited from her father. She has also recently taken charge as the Pro Chancellor of Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (founded by her grandfather) and is the current chairperson of Endeavor India. Closely associated with the ruling Congress party, Shobhana served as a nominated member of the Rajya Sabha, the upper chamber of the Indian parliament from 2006 to 2012. Her name is sometimes written Shobhana Bharatiya or Bhartiya, but the preferred spelling is Bhartia. Read More….
- Barkha Dutt : Barkha Dutt is an Indian television journalist and columnist. She is a group editor with NDTV.Dutt gained prominence for her reportage of the Kargil War.Dutt has won many national and international awards, including the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honour.ritics have described Dutt as "controversial" and "pro Sonia Gandhi", and her reporting in 2002 Gujarat violence and 2008 Mumbai attacks as improper, irresponsible, theatrical and melodramatic. Dutt was one of the journalists taped in the Radia tapes controversy, and was described as the "face of the tapes scandal. Read More…
- News24 Hindi media channel is owned by BAGS Films limited and BAGS Films limited is Owned by ex-journalist and editor Rajiv Shukla & his wife, famous Congress MP in Rajya Sabha, Union minister, industrialist, BCCI vice president and IPL chairman.
- The Hindu – N. Ram, owner and editor-in-chief (till February 2012) of The Hindu, was once a vice president of the Students Federation of India. SFI is the students’ wing of the CPM.
- Nidhi Razdan : (high-profile anchor of Left Right Centre) is the current girlfriend of J&K CM Omar Abdullah (after Omar recently divorced his wife. On 14 August 2013, Narendra Modi, Chief Minister of Gujarat, India, was invited by UK to give a speech about "The future of India" at the House of Commons. Regarding the invitation, Nidhi Razdan conducted an interview with British MP Barry Gardiner. The interview has resulted in a wide criticism among section of Indians and media including social networking sites, as she posed questions that were presumptuously misaligned about Narendra Modi being given an invite. Firstpost commented Razdan did not do the homework and was hence on backfoot in the interview.
6. Vinod Sharma, HT Political Affairs editor, is essentially a Congress spokesman on all TV panel discussions.
This is small list , I will be adding more information on this.