1. The selection is made strictly as per merit on the basis of written/online examination. In addition, Aptitude/Skill Test/Interview etc. may also be conducted wherever applicable. Short listed candidates will be called for verification of the original documents according to merit, availability of vacancies and reservation rules.
2. There shall be negative marking in written/online examinations and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer AT 1/3 of the allotted marks for each question.
3. The syllabus for the written/online examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and /or technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The Questions will be of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General Knowledge, General English/General Hindi, General Arithmatic, Analytical and Quantitative Skills and those subjects covered as part of minimum educational/technical qualifications for the post. The question paper will be bilingual i.e English and Hindi. The duration of the examination will be 90 to 120 minutes with approximately 100 to 150 questions.
4. The Railway Recruitment Board, at its discretion may hold additional written test(s) and/or interview/skill test if considered necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by Railway Recruitment Board.
5. The date, time and venue of the written/online examination and Aptitude/Skill Test/Interview will be fixed by the RRB and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. These will also be published in the Employment News and indicated in the website of RRB. Request for postponement of the examination/skill test/interview and change of center/venue will not be entertained under any circumstance.
6. Stages of examination are given against each post. Based on the performance of candidates in the examination, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for document verification in the main list. In addition 30% extra candidates are also called as standby candidates and they are considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment from the main list. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forefeited.
7. The appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedent/character of the candidate. The function of RRB, Bhubaneswar is to empanel the suitable candidates and send the panel to the Chief Personnel Officer.
8. As soon as a candidate is empanelled, an intimation is sent to the candidate by registered post regarding the epanelment. The offer of appointment is issued by the Chief Personnel Officer.