Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Vacancies in Institute Works Department
ADVERTISEMENT No. DF-1/2011
IIT Kanpur invites applications from Indian nationals for the following posts of faculty:
- Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout
- 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
- Pay: PB-4 (37400-67000) + AGP Rs. 10500
- Associate Professor:
- 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Pay: PB-4 (37400-67000) + AGP Rs. 9500
- Assistant Professor:
- For a fresh Ph.D. the position will be on contract basis for first three years, after the completion of which it can be regularized. For those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience, regular appointment can be made. Period of probation in regular appointment will be one year.
- Pay: PB-3 (15600-39100) + AGP Rs. 8000
Last Date: 31.07.2011
Full details available here: