Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) as PILOTS in the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course Commencing Jan 2011 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala.
- Eligibility Conditions:
- Age: 19 to 23 years born between 02 jan 1988 and 01 Jan 1992; both dates inclusive.
- Qualification: A Graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 65% marks, Should have qualified Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
- Physical Standards:
- Height and Weight: Minimum height 162.5 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour/ Night blind.
- Short Service Commission:
- Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance/ willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Navy.
- Officers inducted under this scheme will not be given extension beyond fourteen years and will not be eligible for permanent commission.
- Last Date: 13.04.2010
For full details and application format please visit the link below: